This is the dresser that was in my nursery when I was just a wee little baby. It's obviously great quality, and obviously not so attractive anymore. So I decided to give it a little makeover! Here it is in its before stages:
And here's what I did to make it pretty! First, I took off the lovely old brass drawer pulls.
I knew I was going to use a single knob on the drawers, so I filled in the extra holes using wood filler.
Then it was sanding time (aka my least favorite step in the furniture painting process).
Then it came time for priming. Remember to always use super thin coats when priming furniture.
Then came the fun part, the painting! I used Martha Stewart metallic paint in Thundercloud. I actually had it left over from painting our kitchen tile, so I didn't even have to buy new paint. For the dresser, I used a combo of a small foam roller and a foam brush to fill in the nooks and crannies.
Then I attached these awesome acrylic crystal-looking knobs that I found on Amazon. I seriously looked all over the place before turning to Amazon, I should have known to start there in the first place! I got ten knobs for about half the price of any others I found at hardware stores.
And here ya go! I absolutely love how the dresser turned out! I also love the fact that there is sentimental value to this piece, but it is still something that fits in with my current aesthetic.
Here is a side by side of the before and after:
Stay tuned this week for some of the updates we have completed around the house as we get ready for Baby Bee!
**This post uses an affiliate link. If you follow the link and purchase the product, I will receive a small commission.