Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Tale of Two Trees

Since December is one of our busiest times of the year for work, what with grades due and concerts and performances and wrapping up the end of the semester, it seems to take us most of the month to get our Christmas tree and our decor all set to go.  Today I finally finished our second tree!  I decided to do two trees this year because I like to do a big pretty tree in my color scheme (which changes each year), but at the same time, we have collected a bunch of personal ornaments that I wanted to display.  So I decorated this little fake tree with all of our cutesy ornaments....




...and then I did our big real tree in my colors for this year: black, white, and burlap.




I made some simple black ornaments decorated with words I feel represent the season of Christmas to add a little something extra to an otherwise very simple and plain tree.  I totally love both of our trees and I think this will be a new tradition!

1 comment:

  1. Best of both worlds...beauty and tradition! Love it. Two trees is a fantastic idea and yours look so great!

    ReplyDelete