Monday, March 25, 2013

Fabric Covered Button Bobby Pins

Hey y'all and happy Monday!  I have a super easy tutorial for ya to start this week off right!  These babies are perfect for spring, and you have tons of options for colors and patterns here.  Here's what you need: a glue gun, two bobby pins, and two fabric covered buttons with the loops on the back.  That's it!


The first thing you want to do is slide the button onto the short end of your bobby pin and hold the bobby pin like this.  Figure out how you want the button to lay on the pin and then return to this position.


While holding your bobby pin as above, shoot some hot glue on the side where your pin will lie and press it down, holding for a few seconds so it sets.  I am a crazy gluer, so I also filled the rest of the button with glue, just to be safe!


And yeah, that's all you've got to do!  I made two sets in about five minutes and they are just too cute!



I will be making a ton more of these suckers, especially now that I know how simple the process is.  I'm now on the hunt for some super cute fabrics to use!

18 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I can think of a million ways to use them besides the obvious bobby pin use...from gift wrapping to office use, note card etc. Very fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Your darling tote bag that you featured in your last giveaway is mentioned over on Linda from My Crafty Home Life's blog....nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! I found your post at AP Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute, and so simple!

    Thank you for sharing :)

    Newest follower:
    -Cole
    http://youngmommymemoirs.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cole! I'll be checking out your blog today :o)

      Delete
  5. So cute, and they look like even I could handle it!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeni! Trust me, you can totally handle it :o)

      Delete
  6. These are super cute! Would love it if you stopped by and shared at our link party that's going on at www.huckleberrylove.com .
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, I think I missed this week's, but I will try to head over there and link up next week. Thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  7. I now know what I want to do for my girl's hair for Easter! Thanks! ~Major Moma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute! I hope they love them! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. My daughter is going to go crazy over these bobby pins!! I'm always looking for things to do with my daughter! I know our readers would, too! Our Weekly All Things Thursday Link Up party is going on now at allthingswithpurpose.com, and we would LOVE for you to join us :) Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by allthingswithpurpose.com!! We look forward to seeing what else you create for next Thursday's Link Up!! Check back on Sunday to see if you've been featured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea.I could make few of these :)

    ReplyDelete