Monday, December 3, 2012

Cute Bags for Cookie Exchange

This week I am going to be sharing some of my favorite blog posts from last Christmas.  I am starting to think about what I want to do for this year's cookie exchange party.  Gotta find something cuter than this!  Here is the original blog post:



So today I got to go to a cookie exchange party hosted by my sister.  If you have never been to one of these parties before, they are pretty awesome.  I baked about four dozen cookies (I will post about those later next week!) for the party, six for each of the guests and a few extra to munch on at the party.  When I left the party, I had six bags of six new and different kinds of cookies!  Pretty sweet deal.  I wanted a cute and easy way to bag these cookies, so I turned to what I had around the house already.  I took some brown lunch bags and the chalkboard self-adhesive paper I've been using for gift tags.  I punched out a large circle for each bag and placed it in the middle.

 

I wrote each girls' name on the circle, placed the cookies inside (looking back, I should have wrapped them up--they left some grease circles on the bag), folded the top of the bag over, and punched two holes in the top.

 

Sticking with my black, white and green theme, I threaded a green ribbon through one of the holes, then attached a copy of the cookie recipe to the back, threaded the ribbon through the other side and tied a bow on the front of the bag.







 

This was so easy, I am totally going to do this for the office staff at school!  I love when I can use items around the house and create something cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment