Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Wine Bottle Guest Book

Alright all you wine lovers (and since you're all my friends, that's all of you!), this project is for you. When it came time for my wedding, I (no surprises) did a lot of little projects on my own.  One, because we were on a tight budget, and two because I love me some crafts (especially crafts that involve wine).  This was one of my favorite wedding day projects and we still get compliments on this one!

Here's how I made my prototype:
           

Gather one wine bottle (yes it is empty; I had a long week, give me a break :)) and a label.  I printed out the label from my fancy printer on sticker paper.  I incorporated some of the fonts from our wedding invitation and literally spent two minutes getting it formatted and printed.  Some tips for the wine bottle:  when doing this for real, spend the time to soak off the labels so there is nothing left on the bottle; and, make sure you buy red wine.  If you chill a white wine, the condensation on the bottle will ruin the label (unless you get the fancy waterproof ones, which I didn't).  Take the label, put it on the bottle, and voila!


Set these out at your wedding with some colorful, fine-tipped, permanent markers.  Guests write their messages on the labels and you and your hubby crack the bottles open on the designated anniversary.  What a great way to remember your wedding every time you celebrate a milestone together!  And, think of the cute display you could make with the bottles once you have enjoyed the wine.  Group them together and put flowers in them to make a table centerpiece, or arrange them on top of your wine bar.  A creative (and tasty) way to toast your nuptial memories and special anniversaries.

Here are some of the pics of our wine bottle guest book at our actual wedding:




And here are the wine bottles today, on display in our kitchen (one down, four more to go!):



I am so happy we decided on this guest book.  It's been awesome to have a daily visual of our wedding and it is great to go back and look at all the sweet (and funny) messages our friends and family left for us.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is the most unique wine bottle label I have ever seen! Cheap but indeed very original. What I like about this idea is that the messages were personally written on the spot by the guests. Thanks for this wonderful idea, Mrs.B!

    -Jessie Henn

    ReplyDelete