Thursday, November 8, 2012

Festive Holiday Votives

As I mentioned yesterday, Mr. B and I are hosting two Thanksgiving celebrations this year, one for our friends this weekend, and one for our families on Thanksgiving day.  So I have been doing some crafts to get ready for the big days!  Since I am a fan of all things glittery and sparkly, I decided to glam up some old votive candle holders.  I actually already had all the supplies for this project: votives, glitter, a sponge brush, some Mod Podge, and a sealing spray.


The steps for this project are pretty simple.  Take your Mod Podge and spread it evenly on the votive glass.  Cover with glitter.  Let the glue dry for a while and then spray with the sealer (otherwise you will leave a trail of glitter everywhere these votives go).  Here they are pre-sealer...


And the finished product!


So much more festive than plain votives.  Plus, since they are in a neutral metallic, they are going to work for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Super easy, and super pretty!

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love that you chose a more neutral metallic so they're versatile.

    Katie
    snaponbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and a good idea. I'm visiting from the Made In A Day Linkey, hope you visit back. http://hearttoheartathome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and clever! They will look beautiful on your table.

    ReplyDelete