Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Easy DIY Football Banner

We are big football people here in the B household.  In fact, it is one of the few sports that Mr. B and I can actually watch together and root for the same team, so it is kind of a big deal for us.  I wanted to celebrate the beginning of the season by adding some football decor to our living room.  Since we don't have a fireplace or mantle, the entertainment center has become the go to stop for all major holiday decorations.  And since the kick off of college football is most definitely a holiday, this qualifies!  Here is the super easy banner I created:


The first step was creating the footballs.  I cut out the football shape from brown card stock and then used a white paint pen to draw on the laces.


My team (and our home town team) is the UCLA Bruins, so I used my 3 inch circle punch to punch out blue and gold circles.


Mr. B's team is the Oklahoma Sooners (luckily our teams never play each other, so we both root for both teams) so I punched out circles in crimson and cream for the other side.


I placed one football in the middle of the entertainment center, then added the circles on each side, with one football in the middle of each team's colors.  I love that the banner shows off both of our team colors, and it definitely is getting me in the mood for some football!



P.S.  I got the cord and the mini clothes pins from Paper Source in a kit similar to this one here.  I love it, and pretty much leave it up year round and just change out the decor!

1 comment: