It's a football themed week of projects, and today we are keeping the good times rolling! While I made these flip flops to match my team colors, you could really do these in any color combination. And since they are super easy (and cheap) to make, you can do multiple pairs in as many colors as you want! Here's what we are making today:
And here's the steps!
1. Gather supplies: Mod Podge, glitter, a sponge brush, flip flops (I used the cheapies from Old Navy), and felt flowers (click here for tutorial on how to make those). Not pictured, but still helpful: super glue and painter's tape.
2. Cover the base around the straps with painter's tape to prevent stray Mod Podge and glitter from getting everywhere.
3. Leave a little space at the top of the strap (where the flower goes) and cover a section with a thin coat of Mod Podge.
4. Sprinkle on the glitter and shake off the excess.
4. Repeat this process on the remainder of the strap, and then on the opposite side.
5. Allow the first coat to dry. Then dab another thin coat of Mod Podge on the whole strap.
6. Give the strap a second coat of glitter and repeat on the other strap. Repeat the entire process on the second flip flop.
7. Allow everything to dry for a good amount of time. Remove the painter's tape and wipe away all excess glitter with a wet paper towel. Then seal in your glitter. You have two options for this: another coat of Mod Podge or a spray sealer. Either one works, just make sure you do one or the other! Once the sealer has dried, use the super glue to attach the felt flowers.
8. Let sit overnight before you wear, otherwise risk losing your flower! Please excuse my un-pedicured and heat swollen feet!
Easy and cute! Definitely going to make a bunch of these for next summer, and for now, I am rocking my UCLA flip flops for every game!