Tuesday, October 1, 2013

DIY: Gold Painted Milk Bottles

Hello there all!  So excited to bring you another super easy DIY project today.  I actually made these to display in my home, since I am trying to incorporate more gold.  They can be done in any color, but I love the bit of glam that gold brings to the table!  Here is what we are making today:


And here's how to make these babies!

1.  Gather supplies: milk bottles (I found these at Ikea, you could also use the Starbucks bottles), gold spray paint, painter's tape, and a sponge brush.

2.  Tape of the areas of the bottle you don't want painted.  I decided to make all three of mine look different for some variety, but you could do them however you want.




3.  Now it is time for the fun part, the painting!  Make sure you are painting in a well ventilated area and cover your surface before you begin.  For these bottles, I wanted a little bit of texture, so I sprayed the bottle all around and then wiped the sponge brush all around the painted areas.  This helped give the bottles a little more interest, but you could certainly skip that step if you wanted a smoother look.




I really love how these guys turned out and I can't wait to display them in my house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment