Monday, March 31, 2014

DIY: Vintage Disney Phone Case

Hello lovely readers!  Today we have a super cool and fairly easy Disney DIY project.  I'm apologizing in advance for the poor quality of these photos; since I was working on my new phone, had to take the pics with the old iPhone and it is just not the same!

Here is what we are making today:


First, print out a picture of your chosen vintage Disney image (click here if you need some ideas).  I first measured my phone, and then made the image about a half an inch longer on each side.  I printed my image on actual photo paper, which makes the quality better.  Then I traced my phone on a piece of card stock.


And used the template to cut out the phone shape from my picture.  As you can see, the edges are a little rough, but you can't tell once you get everything put together.


I put the image into my clear phone case...


...and then used an Xacto knife to cut out the camera hole.


And there you have it!  A totally custom and adorable vintage Disney cell phone case!  Totally love it, and I'm even thinking about making some holiday/season specific ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment