Friday, March 1, 2013

B Family Home Tour: Living Room

Hello and Happy Friday!  Don't know about you, but I am ready for the weekend!  I have a couple more rooms of our house to share with you over the next couple of days.  I don't plan on making too many changes to our living room, but there will be some small updates.

One thing I love in our home is this big window looking out on the front yard.  We basically have no entry way, so there is this bookcase/bench there to hold some of our shoes and things.  This bench will definitely be getting an update!


We painted one wall in the living room purple for some punch and since many of our accessories are purple and green.  This is the Ikea couch that everyone in my family owns.  Pretty sure ours is the oldest, and it is starting to really show its wear and tear...may be time for a new one soon!


We have a teeny tiny end table because that's all we have room for, plus a coffee table (also from Ikea) and an ottoman with storage inside.


Above the couch is a gallery wall of wedding pictures.  I feel like this needs something more to make it complete, but not sure what yet.


Over our TV is one of my favorite projects, silver sparkly letters spelling out "Love".


Our TV rests on two Expedit bookcases (from Ikea) made a little fancier with fabric attached to the back.  This is typically where I display my holiday decorations.  One thing I am not good at is styling bookcases/shelves so I am going to try to change this area up a bit to make it more exciting.



These windows are on either side of the TV.  These curtains are actually shower curtains and they work, but aren't anything special.  I love this chair and the purple, green, and gray pillow as it ties all the living room colors together.


And this is basically the reason why I wanted to see this house when we were first looking to buy.  I absolutely love these arches (leading from living room to dining room and the mini one leading from dining room down the hallway).  The character is totally California Spanish style, and that is one thing I love most about our home and our neighborhood.


Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and don't forget to enter our awesome giveaway before you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment