Monday, March 11, 2013

Bright and Colorful Peeps Display

I don't know about you, but there are a couple of things I automatically associate with Easter and spring time: eggs, chocolate, and Peeps.  When it comes to actually eating Peeps, I gotta admit that they aren't my favorite.  But they are so pretty and brightly colored that I can't help but love them.  This year I decided to use Peeps as decor instead of a treat, and they are so cute!  The set up for this is pretty easy, in order to have the Peeps out as decor, you need to seal them so the sugar and marshmallow gunky stuff don't get all over the place or attract ants.  So start by laying out the Peeps on some parchment paper:



Spray the Peeps with a sealer of your choice.  Make sure you open the windows, that stuff can be pretty potent.  Flip the Peeps over to their sides and spray again.


Flip again so you can spray the back and the other side.  Once you are done spraying, let them sit and dry for a bit.  I decided to put mine in a simple clear vase and just kind of threw them in there at random.  You could make some cool patterns if you wanted to group the like colors together, but I liked the way they looked all mishmashed.



I put the vase on our entertainment center and in combination with the spring time banner, it looks pretty cute!


Nice and bright and cheerful, but still simple and pretty.


I'm not going to lie, I might be tempted to make some Peeps s'mores with my leftovers, if I do, I'll let you know how it goes, but for now, these guys are just fun to look at!

5 comments:

  1. Never would have thought of spraying them. Good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I don't like peeps myself but my nephew says they are better stale. To me, that sounds even worse! Love the bright vase disply!
    I found you today thru the Made in a Day Linky. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought to try them stale! Might have to try that out next year :o) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Cute and colorful. That would not last long in my house--I love peeps, especially when they get stale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I had to spray them as soon as I bought them, so nobody would be tempted to snack on my decor! Thanks for stopping by :o)

      Delete