Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DIY Placecards

It should come as no surprise that this project involves one of my favorite things in the world: glitter.  I made these place cards for our Thanksgiving meal and  they were so easy I had to share them with you!  All you need is some card stock, a rubber stamp, a glue stick, some glitter, and a fine tip marker (I used a Sharpie).  I didn't want to spend the money on pre-made place cards when I could stock a stationary store with all the card stock I have at home, so I used my plain white card stock and cut out rectangles that were about 3" by 4" and folded them in half.  I chose an autumn leaf stamp, but you could use whatever shape you wanted, depending on your event.  Rub your glue stick on the stamp, making sure you don't leave behind any big clumps (I kept a wet paper towel handy to wipe off any stickiness on my fingers).  Stamp your paper, making sure you cleanly pull off the stamp at the end (this was almost like a "ripping off a band aid" motion).  Cover the stamped area with glitter and then shake off the excess.  Then use your marker to write the names of your guests.  And that's it!  There are tons of possibilities for designs, all you have to do is change up the stamp and the colors!


(This pic was taken after our meal, which was served outside, so the weather made the paper a little wonky.)  Love it!  And if you want to know how to make those super stylin' votives in the background, you can click here for the tutorial!  Thanks for stopping by, and happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment