Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Feelin' Thankful!

I'm sure many of you have spent some time this month thinking about all the things we have to be thankful for.   I am certainly no different, and today I have something unique to be thankful for!  I am thankful to my mom for giving me her genes for long, thick, strong hair, not just because I love it, but because yesterday I was able to donate 10 inches of that long, thick hair to the awesome charity, Locks of Love.  This is something I have always wanted to do, but for one reason or another, never had the chance to.  I had not done a major hair cut since before my wedding (about two years it's been growing) and it was time to chop it off!  I want to thank the awesome crew of Ariada Salon and Spa in Glendale for not only giving me a sweet new 'do, but for taking care of the donation process as well.  If you are in the So Cal area and are thinking about donation, this is the place to go.  They had the paperwork ready for me and took care of everything from the cut, to sending off my package of hair.  They also took this  pic of me with my lovely (and kinda creepy) donation ponytail!


If you have long hair and are thinking about a new style, definitely consider hair donation.  It takes anywhere from 6-10 donations to make one hairpiece for a child who has lost their hair to a disease.  Check out the Locks of Love website for more information!

Hope you all have an awesome Thanksgiving! 

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You look beautiful and you did a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new haircut and what a wonderful thing you did for people in need!

    new follower via the Sasse Life. Hope you'll stop by and do the same!

    lifewithasideoflove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thing to do.....really makes a difference:)

    ReplyDelete