Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holiday Napkin Holder

Today we have another super easy DIY to glam up your holiday.  One of my favorite things about this project is that it is temporary, so after the holidays, you can de-glam (if you really want to).  For our Friendsgiving, we did a buffet, so I wanted an easy way for people to grab their utensils.  And then I wanted a pretty place to store said utensils.  So I went digging in my vase cupboard and found this simple round vase.  I knew I didn't want to do anything permanent because this is a versatile vase I use often.  So I grabbed some masking tape and the ever present glitter...


I wrapped the masking tape, sticky side up, around the vase, overlapping a bit in the back so it would stick.


Then I got to glittering-- just shake the glitter out onto the tape and wipe away the excess with a wet paper towel.


And here is the finished product stocked full of napkins and utensils.  Easy peasy and totally removable after the holidays!


I hope you all are as crazy busy crafting and cooking as I am!  Two days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and clever! Love that it's temporary and you can change it up.

    ReplyDelete