Friday, November 16, 2012

Easy Thanksgiving Table Set Up

When Mr. B and I agreed to host our annual Friendsgiving, I knew that I didn't want to spend a lot of money on the extra stuff like centerpieces and table decor (we would rather put our funds towards the good stuff--booze!).  For the tables, I decided to use simple yet glam votives (tutorial is here!) and pictures of our guests from throughout the year.  I figured, why spend on money on flowers that will have to be thrown away when we could look back on all the things we have to be thankful for instead.  Between our wedding and the other events I have hosted, I have a plethora of white frames (all from Ikea), so all I had to do was some Facebook stalking and picture printing.  All in all, I probably spent about an hour putting everything together, and everyone loved being able to see all of our happy moments from the past year.  Overall, table decor success!




And yes, in the above pic, one of our outdoor tables is painted with chalkboard paint (love that stuff!).  If you are hosting a Thanksgiving gathering this year (or Christmas or New Years) this is a great alternative to traditional centerpieces!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great idea! So sweet and personal. I'm sure your guests loved seeing pictures of themselves and their fun memories. Love it.

    ReplyDelete